« Newer articles Older articles »
|Rachel Campos-Duffy: Start Advent off right with a Christ-centered craft for kids|
Added: 29.11.2020 13:00 | 10 views | 0 comments
This week, as we enter the sacred Advent season, the four weeks leading up to the birth of Christ, many churches, sadly, remain closed.
|The Moneyist: My father wants to deed his kids his home before Prop 19 takes effect. I suggested a life estate instead — he said I’m ungrateful|
Added: 29.11.2020 12:29 | 20 views | 0 comments
‘California passed Proposition 19, which will in part require that inherited homes that are not used as principal residences, such as second homes or rentals, be reassessed at market value when transferred.'
|The Moneyist: My fiancé and I have 3 kids each. My stepson, 16, ‘forgot’ his Christmas gift last year. Should I get him nothing this year?|
Added: 29.11.2020 12:12 | 14 views | 0 comments
‘I spent the last 2 years trying very hard to be kind to him, and to always greet him and include him regardless of his attitude. But recently, I just no longer care about his approval.’
|Matt Dawson column: Rugby needs to change its laws to keep kids watching|
Added: 29.11.2020 11:24 | 2 views | 0 comments
Former England scrum-half Matt Dawson says rugby needs to change its laws to keep it entertaining for all fans.
|FITNESS REALITY KIDS 6 Station Swing Set with Seesaw and Canopy Metal Swing Set - $249.00|
Added: 29.11.2020 5:57 | 27 views | 0 comments
This FITNESS REALITY KIDS 6 Station Swing Set comes with Seesaw and Canopy Metal Swing Set.
|Researchers Reveal Kids Who Get More Hugs Have More Developed Brains|
Added: 28.11.2020 20:02 | 6 views | 0 comments
Hugs are more powerful than you can ever imagine. There’s something special about the hugs you share with your loved ones. It’s a way of communicating without saying a word. Hug someone to show your love, respect and appreciation for them. According to science, hugs can make you smarter. Researchers have found that kids who ...]
|DWTS' Gleb Savchenko Celebrates Thanksgiving With His Kids After Breakup With Wife Elena|
Added: 28.11.2020 19:36 | 35 views | 0 comments
Following his split from wife Elena Samodanova, Dancing With the Stars' Gleb Savchenko reunited with his kids for Thanksgiving.
On Nov. 27, the dad shared an Instagram slideshow of...
|Big Backyard Windale Wooden Swing Set - $499.00|
Added: 28.11.2020 5:23 | 21 views | 0 comments
This Big Backyard Windale Wooden Swing Set features 6 activities that will keep 9 kids busy at the same time. ...
|Watch Hoda Kotb's 3-Year-Old Daughter Haley Joy React to Her "Secret Signal" on TV|
Added: 27.11.2020 23:17 | 38 views | 0 comments
Hoda Kotb sent a sweet message to her daughter, Haley Joy, while co-hosting the Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, Nov. 26. The Today anchor took to social media after...
|The Best of Community-Based Tourism in Cambodia|
Added: 27.11.2020 19:32 | 4 views | 0 comments
If you're interested in community-based tourism in Cambodia, this quick round-up of the best performances, hotels, shops and more is an excellent place to start.
“Community-based tourism” is a hot topic in Cambodia, where many worthy projects compete with more conventional—and even downright crooked—enterprises in a rapidly growing economy. The below are guaranteed ways to put your money toward a good cause.
Sights and Performances
- , located near Banteay Srei, is managed by a Canadian NGO, with proceeds going to a home for impoverished children.
- is a rewarding attraction in Siem Reap that trains underprivileged students to become circus performers.
- in Siem Reap hosts shadow puppet theater shows performed by kids from the Krousar Thmey NGO.
- is an NGO that stages excellent traditional dance performances in the garden of the National Museum in Phnom Penh.
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tours are available through the or both of which support conservation efforts.
- Khmer Architecture Tours in Phnom Penh are offered by the excellent an NGO that promotes and documents modern Khmer architecture.
Hotels and Homestays
- sponsors higher education for all its staff and some of its tuk-tuk drivers.
- , near Siem Reap’s airport, provides training to young Cambodians, and visitors are welcome to stay or eat here.
- , in Siem Reap, works closely with several social organizations to promote responsible tourism and hosts apsara dance performances organized by the NGO Sangkheum Center for Children.
- is an excellent hotel in Siem Reap that runs a foundation to support projects in education, business, and health care.
- provides income for local families and allows visitors a window into Khmer life.
- Sala Bai, in Siem Reap, trains young Cambodians in the restaurant business.
- The Haven is a Swiss-run restaurant in Siem Reap that employs disadvantaged young adults.
- Common Grounds is an American-style coffeehouse in Siem Reap whose profits go to a number of NGOs in Cambodia.
- Footprint Café, in Siem Reap, donates 100 percent of its net profits to the local community as grants for educational projects.
- Kinyei Café is an NGO affiliate that trains local youth in Battambang.
- Jai Baan Restaurant, in Battambang, is NGO-managed and offers gourmet dining.
- , in Siem Reap, sells products made by underprivileged Cambodians.
- , in Siem Reap, produces great pottery and reinvests its profits into local job creation and cultural preservation.
- trains and employs rural, in some cases disabled, tailors in its Siem Reap shop, which purchases and recycles waste from the community to make its products.
- , in Phnom Penh, offers employment to vulnerable Cambodians, who produce jewelry and toys
- , in Phnom Penh, support projects in the Cambodian and Vietnamese countryside
Related Travel Guide
[hbg-title isbn="9781640492493" summary="The ancient temples at Angkor Wat are unlike anything else on earth. Step back in time and take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Travel Guides."/]
Copyright © 2008-2020 USweekly - all rights reserved