Older articles »
|Foster + Partners Designs Hotel 12, part of the Red Sea Project in Saudi Arabia|
Added: 05.03.2021 14:19 | 4 views | 0 comments
Foster + Partners is designing 12, on the Ummahat AlShaykh in . Developed by the Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC), the project is one of two hotels on the island, the first .
|Palm Jumeirah hospitality staff received Covid-19 vaccination|
Added: 05.03.2021 11:34 | 21 views | 0 comments
More than 10,000 staff members from 20 hotels located on Palm Jumeirah received their first and second doses of Covid-19 vaccine at their respective workplaces last month.
|Escape to Greece to launch to British travellers|
Added: 05.03.2021 8:17 | 22 views | 0 comments
Aiming to attract discerning independent travellers looking mainly for four-star boutique hotels and eclectic villas, Escape to Greece launches under renowned ski operator, Holiday World.
|Senegal: Souadou Niang is a former cleaner who became a hotel owner|
Added: 05.03.2021 7:39 | 1 views | 0 comments
Souadou Niang used to clean hotel rooms but she rose through the ranks and now owns her own hotel in Senegal.
|The New Mobile Hotel Company That Sounds Perfect During COVID-19|
Added: 04.03.2021 20:22 | 3 views | 0 comments
This month marks a full year since I’ve been on a plane. A whole year - wow! Prior to the pandemic, the most I had gone without stepping foot on...
|Ocean Views From The Jardines De Nivaria Hotel In Tenerife|
Added: 04.03.2021 20:20 | 1 views | 0 comments
Costa Adeje is an upmarket resort on the southern coast of Tenerife that attracts the discerning traveller who enjoys attractive, sophisticated sandy beaches and luxurious hotels. Jardines de Nivaria is one such hotel which is surrounded by beautiful grounds, boasts top-notch dining and attentive service. And with direct access to the beach, it makes for...
|Foster + Partners Designs Saudi Arabian Hotel in Sand Dunes|
Added: 04.03.2021 6:30 | 6 views | 0 comments
Foster + Partners has shared a new design for a hotel in set within sand dunes. Dubbed Southern Dunes, the project is part of The tourist development. The hotel will include 40 villas that are constructed from timber and arranged to take advantage of surrounding views. Designed as part of the first phase of The , it aims to be part of the world's "most ambitious" tourism development.
|The Best of Community-Based Tourism in Cambodia|
Added: 03.03.2021 21:33 | 9 views | 0 comments
If you're interested in community-based tourism in Cambodia, this quick round-up of the best performances, hotels, shops and more is an excellent place to start.
“Community-based tourism” is a hot topic in Cambodia, where many worthy projects compete with more conventional—and even downright crooked—enterprises in a rapidly growing economy. The below are guaranteed ways to put your money toward a good cause.
Sights and Performances
- , located near Banteay Srei, is managed by a Canadian NGO, with proceeds going to a home for impoverished children.
- is a rewarding attraction in Siem Reap that trains underprivileged students to become circus performers.
- in Siem Reap hosts shadow puppet theater shows performed by kids from the Krousar Thmey NGO.
- is an NGO that stages excellent traditional dance performances in the garden of the National Museum in Phnom Penh.
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tours are available through the or both of which support conservation efforts.
- Khmer Architecture Tours in Phnom Penh are offered by the excellent an NGO that promotes and documents modern Khmer architecture.
Hotels and Homestays
- sponsors higher education for all its staff and some of its tuk-tuk drivers.
- , near Siem Reap’s airport, provides training to young Cambodians, and visitors are welcome to stay or eat here.
- , in Siem Reap, works closely with several social organizations to promote responsible tourism and hosts apsara dance performances organized by the NGO Sangkheum Center for Children.
- is an excellent hotel in Siem Reap that runs a foundation to support projects in education, business, and health care.
- provides income for local families and allows visitors a window into Khmer life.
- Sala Bai, in Siem Reap, trains young Cambodians in the restaurant business.
- The Haven is a Swiss-run restaurant in Siem Reap that employs disadvantaged young adults.
- Common Grounds is an American-style coffeehouse in Siem Reap whose profits go to a number of NGOs in Cambodia.
- Footprint Café, in Siem Reap, donates 100 percent of its net profits to the local community as grants for educational projects.
- Kinyei Café is an NGO affiliate that trains local youth in Battambang.
- Jai Baan Restaurant, in Battambang, is NGO-managed and offers gourmet dining.
- , in Siem Reap, sells products made by underprivileged Cambodians.
- , in Siem Reap, produces great pottery and reinvests its profits into local job creation and cultural preservation.
- trains and employs rural, in some cases disabled, tailors in its Siem Reap shop, which purchases and recycles waste from the community to make its products.
- , in Phnom Penh, offers employment to vulnerable Cambodians, who produce jewelry and toys
- , in Phnom Penh, support projects in the Cambodian and Vietnamese countryside
Related Travel Guide
[hbg-title isbn="9781640492493" summary="The ancient temples at Angkor Wat are unlike anything else on earth. Step back in time and take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Travel Guides."/]