Older articles »
|Ocean Views From The Jardines De Nivaria Hotel In Tenerife|
Added: 19.11.2019 1:22 | 0 views | 0 comments
Costa Adeje is an upmarket resort on the southern coast of Tenerife that attracts the discerning traveller who enjoys attractive, sophisticated sandy beaches and luxurious hotels. Jardines de Nivaria is one such hotel which is surrounded by beautiful grounds, boasts top-notch dining and attentive service. And with direct access to the beach, it makes for...
|Woman 'smashed vodka bottle over Joseph McCann's head to escape abduction', court hears|
Added: 18.11.2019 22:15 | 11 views | 0 comments
Joseph McCann was caught on camera at a hotel shortly before he was smashed over the head with a vodka bottle by one of his alleged victims, a court heard.
|Hotel Château du Grand-Lucé - review|
Added: 18.11.2019 19:19 | 6 views | 0 comments
Flight of French fancy in baron's summer palace
|Wild time on the endless shore at Lekkerwater Beach Lodge|
Added: 18.11.2019 19:19 | 8 views | 0 comments
There are few places where whales cruise past your hotel window. Heather Richardson visits the stunning Lekkerwater Beach Lodge
|Twins prospect Ryan Costello found dead at 23 in New Zealand hotel room|
Added: 18.11.2019 17:39 | 5 views | 0 comments
The Minnesota Twins offered condolences Monday after the death of a prospect in New Zealand.
|Twins prospect found dead in his hotel room|
Added: 18.11.2019 14:53 | 0 views | 0 comments
The statement said Costello's teammates were "naturally devastated" by the news
|Stamba Hotel / Adjara Arch Group|
Added: 18.11.2019 14:21 | 0 views | 0 comments
Housed in the same 20th-century landmark complex of the former publishing house as Rooms Hotel , Stamba Hotel - also a member of Design Hotels - continues in the same spirit of urban conversion, design aesthetics and commitment to local culture. The purpose of the project was to convert the historic landmark building of a former publishing house originated in the 1930s into an upscale, design-led hotel.
|Zoya by Maui opens at Sofitel Dubai the Palm|
Added: 18.11.2019 7:34 | 17 views | 0 comments
Sofitel Dubai the Palm has welcomed the opening of Zoya by Maui. The new Indian restaurant is now open at the Palm Jumeirah-based hotel, serving up exciting dishes for dinner.
|The Best of Community-Based Tourism in Cambodia|
Added: 17.11.2019 19:39 | 4 views | 0 comments
If you're interested in community-based tourism in Cambodia, this quick round-up of the best performances, hotels, shops and more is an excellent place to start.
“Community-based tourism” is a hot topic in Cambodia, where many worthy projects compete with more conventional—and even downright crooked—enterprises in a rapidly growing economy. The below are guaranteed ways to put your money toward a good cause.
Sights and Performances
- , located near Banteay Srei, is managed by a Canadian NGO, with proceeds going to a home for impoverished children.
- is a rewarding attraction in Siem Reap that trains underprivileged students to become circus performers.
- in Siem Reap hosts shadow puppet theater shows performed by kids from the Krousar Thmey NGO.
- is an NGO that stages excellent traditional dance performances in the garden of the National Museum in Phnom Penh.
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tours are available through the or both of which support conservation efforts.
- Khmer Architecture Tours in Phnom Penh are offered by the excellent an NGO that promotes and documents modern Khmer architecture.
Hotels and Homestays
- sponsors higher education for all its staff and some of its tuk-tuk drivers.
- , near Siem Reap’s airport, provides training to young Cambodians, and visitors are welcome to stay or eat here.
- , in Siem Reap, works closely with several social organizations to promote responsible tourism and hosts apsara dance performances organized by the NGO Sangkheum Center for Children.
- is an excellent hotel in Siem Reap that runs a foundation to support projects in education, business, and health care.
- provides income for local families and allows visitors a window into Khmer life.
- Sala Bai, in Siem Reap, trains young Cambodians in the restaurant business.
- The Haven is a Swiss-run restaurant in Siem Reap that employs disadvantaged young adults.
- Common Grounds is an American-style coffeehouse in Siem Reap whose profits go to a number of NGOs in Cambodia.
- Footprint Café, in Siem Reap, donates 100 percent of its net profits to the local community as grants for educational projects.
- Kinyei Café is an NGO affiliate that trains local youth in Battambang.
- Jai Baan Restaurant, in Battambang, is NGO-managed and offers gourmet dining.
- , in Siem Reap, sells products made by underprivileged Cambodians.
- , in Siem Reap, produces great pottery and reinvests its profits into local job creation and cultural preservation.
- trains and employs rural, in some cases disabled, tailors in its Siem Reap shop, which purchases and recycles waste from the community to make its products.
- , in Phnom Penh, offers employment to vulnerable Cambodians, who produce jewelry and toys
- , in Phnom Penh, support projects in the Cambodian and Vietnamese countryside
Related Travel Guide
[hbg-title isbn="9781640492493" summary="The ancient temples at Angkor Wat are unlike anything else on earth. Step back in time and take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Travel Guides."/]