Older articles »
|Mall owner sues Gap for rent on coronavirus-shuttered stores|
Added: 05.06.2020 9:48 | 2 views | 0 comments
The clothing retailer owes three months of rent, totaling $65.9 million
|Instagram launches Badges and IGTV ads to help influencers make more money|
Added: 05.06.2020 9:18 | 1 views | 0 comments
Making money on Instagram just became that little bit easier for influencers
|Facebook Shops is the new way to shop online during the lockdown|
Added: 05.06.2020 9:18 | 2 views | 0 comments
Get ready to spend a whole lot more time and money on Instagram
|‘Like Trash in a Landfill’: Carbon Dioxide Keeps Piling Up in the Atmosphere|
Added: 04.06.2020 19:42 | 24 views | 0 comments
Levels of planet-warming carbon dioxide reached another record in May, the month when they normally peak.
|Royal Ascot more than halves prize money due to pandemic|
Added: 04.06.2020 19:39 | 23 views | 0 comments
The prize money for this month's Royal Ascot, which will be run without spectators from June 16-20, has been more than halved due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|The Best of Community-Based Tourism in Cambodia|
Added: 04.06.2020 18:41 | 4 views | 0 comments
If you're interested in community-based tourism in Cambodia, this quick round-up of the best performances, hotels, shops and more is an excellent place to start.
“Community-based tourism” is a hot topic in Cambodia, where many worthy projects compete with more conventional—and even downright crooked—enterprises in a rapidly growing economy. The below are guaranteed ways to put your money toward a good cause.
Sights and Performances
- , located near Banteay Srei, is managed by a Canadian NGO, with proceeds going to a home for impoverished children.
- is a rewarding attraction in Siem Reap that trains underprivileged students to become circus performers.
- in Siem Reap hosts shadow puppet theater shows performed by kids from the Krousar Thmey NGO.
- is an NGO that stages excellent traditional dance performances in the garden of the National Museum in Phnom Penh.
- Tonlé Sap Lake Tours are available through the or both of which support conservation efforts.
- Khmer Architecture Tours in Phnom Penh are offered by the excellent an NGO that promotes and documents modern Khmer architecture.
Hotels and Homestays
- sponsors higher education for all its staff and some of its tuk-tuk drivers.
- , near Siem Reap’s airport, provides training to young Cambodians, and visitors are welcome to stay or eat here.
- , in Siem Reap, works closely with several social organizations to promote responsible tourism and hosts apsara dance performances organized by the NGO Sangkheum Center for Children.
- is an excellent hotel in Siem Reap that runs a foundation to support projects in education, business, and health care.
- provides income for local families and allows visitors a window into Khmer life.
- Sala Bai, in Siem Reap, trains young Cambodians in the restaurant business.
- The Haven is a Swiss-run restaurant in Siem Reap that employs disadvantaged young adults.
- Common Grounds is an American-style coffeehouse in Siem Reap whose profits go to a number of NGOs in Cambodia.
- Footprint Café, in Siem Reap, donates 100 percent of its net profits to the local community as grants for educational projects.
- Kinyei Café is an NGO affiliate that trains local youth in Battambang.
- Jai Baan Restaurant, in Battambang, is NGO-managed and offers gourmet dining.
- , in Siem Reap, sells products made by underprivileged Cambodians.
- , in Siem Reap, produces great pottery and reinvests its profits into local job creation and cultural preservation.
- trains and employs rural, in some cases disabled, tailors in its Siem Reap shop, which purchases and recycles waste from the community to make its products.
- , in Phnom Penh, offers employment to vulnerable Cambodians, who produce jewelry and toys
- , in Phnom Penh, support projects in the Cambodian and Vietnamese countryside
Related Travel Guide
[hbg-title isbn="9781640492493" summary="The ancient temples at Angkor Wat are unlike anything else on earth. Step back in time and take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Travel Guides."/]
|Most popular products we've recently covered|
Added: 04.06.2020 18:20 | 7 views | 0 comments
From face masks and yellow cake mixes to running shoes and sunscreen, these were the top items readers purchased last month.
|Saratoga Cedar Swing Set with Upper Play Deck with Wood Roof, Lower Level Club House, Monkey Bar, F8 ft. Super Safe Speedy Slide - $999.00|
Added: 04.06.2020 17:58 | 28 views | 0 comments
This Saratoga Cedar Swing Set gives a fun twist to traditional backyard playsets by stacking a play deck above a clubhouse. The clubhouse has a wood d ...
|Shaq Says Paying for Jazmine Barnes' Funeral 'Was Right Thing to Do'|
Added: 04.06.2020 17:26 | 15 views | 0 comments
Shaquille O'Neal says the shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes is such a sad tragedy, he couldn't imagine the family having to raise money for the funeral ... and that's why he stepped in. "With something that terrible to have...
|For Venezuelans, a key obstacle for handwashing during pandemic - no running water|
Added: 04.06.2020 17:05 | 10 views | 0 comments
After going two months without running water at her home on the outskirts of Venezuela's capital Caracas, Mara Loyo stores it whenever it becomes available, in pots, pans, and even tablespoons.