|Happy Halloween! GossipCenter's 13 Favorite Frightful Films|
Added: 31.10.2014 14:03 | 0 views | 0 comments
If you’re not partying it up in your best costume or passing out candy to adorable trick-or-treaters, GossipCenter suggests spending a spooky night taking in one (or all) of our 13 favorite Halloween flicks!
We’ve pulled together all the spookiest movies including everything from the horrifying original “Exorcist,” which debuted in 1973, to everyone’s favorite witch trio in 1993’s “Hocus Pocus.”
Check out the full list below and share your favorite film by tweeting us !
1. The Exorcist - (1973) Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Linda Blair: When a teenage girl is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.
2. A Nightmare on Elm St. - (1984) John Sacon, , Ronne Blakely, Robert Englund: In the dreams of his victims, a spectral child murderer stalks the children of the members of the lynch mob that killed him.
3. Friday the 13th - (1980) Betsy Palmer, , Adrienne King: Camp counselors are stalked and murdered by an unknown assailant while trying to reopen a summer camp that was the site of a child's drowning.
4. Halloween - (1978) Donald Pleasence, Jamie Lee Curits, Tony Moran: A psychotic murderer institutionalized since childhood for the murder of his sister, escapes and stalks a bookish teenage girl and her friends while his doctor chases him through the streets.
5. Hocus Pocus - (1993) Bette Midler, , Kathy Najimy, Omri Katz, Thora Birch: After 300 years, three sister witches are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it us up to two teenagers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches reign of terror once and for all.
6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - (1974) Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns: Five friends visiting their grandpa's old house are hunted down and terrorized by a chainsaw wielding killer and his family of grave-robbing cannibals.
7. Paranormal Activity - (2007) Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat: After moving into a suburban home, a couple becomes increasingly disturbed by a nightly demonic presence.
8. The Amityville Horror - (1979) James Brolin, Margot Kidder, Rod Steiger: Newlyweds move into a house where a murder was committed, and experience strange manifestations which drive them away.
9. The Shining - (1980) Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall: A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.
10. Scream - (1996) , Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, Courteney Cox, David Arquette: A killer known as Ghostface begins killing off teenagers, and as the body count begins rising, one girl and her friends find themselves contemplating the "Rules" of horror films as they find themselves living in a real-life one.
11. Dawn of the Dead - (1978) David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger: Following an ever-growing epidemic of zombies that have risen from the dead, two Philadelphia SWAT team members, a traffic reporter, and his television-executive girlfriend seek refuge in a secluded shopping mall.
12. Psycho - (1960) Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Janey Leigh: A Phoenix secretary steals $40,000 from her employer's client, goes on the run and checks into a remote motel run by a young man under the domination of his mother.
13. Poltergeist - (1982) JoBeth Williams, Craig T. Nelson: A family's home is haunted by a host of ghosts.